At PolyActiva, all of our team members play a valuable role in our success and the fulfilment of our vision. We recruit the best talent, where skills match enthusiasm for science and innovation.
Research Scientist (Organic/Medicinal Chemist)Term: Fixed 12 months
- Download description:
Due to continued growth and success, PolyActiva is seeking an experienced synthetic organic/medicinal chemist to join our team for a fixed 12 month term. This is a laboratory-based position reporting to the Head of Chemistry. Your primary responsibilities will be to deliver agreed pharmaceutical development outcomes through experimental design, method development, conduct of experiments and data analysis. Specifically:
- Design and synthesis of organic compounds on milligram to multi-gram scale for use as precursors, monomers and co-monomers for the preparation of drug-polymer conjugates.
- Use standard techniques, particularly flash chromatography, for the purification of small organic molecules.
- Use and interpret data obtained from NMR, FTIR, HPLC(MS), MS to monitor, characterise and, if necessary, make recommendations for future targets and priorities.
- Produce scientific reports, patents and peer-reviewed journal articles, SOPs, MBRs and other GMP documentation..
- Contribute to the development of novel pharmaceutical products based on the company’s drug polymer conjugates.
- Contribute to the effective functioning of PolyActiva’s research team and help deliver its organisational objectives.