Protecting your privacy is important to us. We hope the following statement will help you understand how the PolyActiva Limited (PolyActiva) website collects, uses, and safeguards the personal information you provide on our web site.
When you browse the PolyActiva website, you do so anonymously. We don’t collect personal information – including your e-mail address.
PolyActiva use a range of tools provided by third parties, such as Google Analytics, to collect or view website traffic information. These sites have their own privacy policies and PolyActiva is not responsible for the privacy practices of other businesses – or the content of websites that may be linked to our website. PolyActiva also uses session tools to improve your experience when accessing our websites.
The information that may be collected when you visit our website may include:
- your computer’s IP address;
- your top level domain name;
- the date and time of access to the site and duration;
- pages accessed and documents downloaded;
- searches performed;
- the previous site visited; and
- type of browser and operating system used.
Your browser supplies us with this information. We do not link your IP address or any of the other information listed above to anything personally identifiable.
PolyActiva uses this information to maintain, secure and improve our website and to enhance your experience when using it.
In relation to Google Analytics, you can opt out of the collection of this information using the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on.
No attempt will be made to identify anonymous users or their browsing activities unless PolyActiva is legally compelled to do so, such as in the event of an investigation, where a law enforcement agency may exercise a warrant to inspect the Internet Service Provider’s log files.
Like many other websites, the PolyActiva website may use a standard technology called a “cookie” to collect information about how you use the site.
The PolyActiva website uses ‘cookies’ for maintaining contact with a user through a website session. A cookie is a small file supplied by us and stored by the web browser software on your computer when you access our site. Cookies allow us to recognise you as an individual as you move from one of our web pages to another.
This information is only used to help you navigate the PolyActiva website systems more efficiently, not to track your movements through the internet, or to record personal information about you.
Collection of Personal Information
Personal information is information that can identify you as an individual.
Use of the PolyActiva website does not require you to submit personal information. Some activities, such as sending us an email, completing a form or survey, or providing other comments or messages may include the voluntary submission of your personal information.
Use of Your Personal Information
Where PolyActiva collects personal information from you by means of this website or, separately, uses that information to contact you, your agreement will operate as a specific authority and privacy waiver enabling us to share your information with third parties.
In addition, information may be collected from organisations wishing to engage with PolyActiva in respect of research and development activities or for supplier/vendor relationships.
PolyActiva does not disclose the name and address or any other personal information of any website user to any other organisation or body, nor does it share its database.
In addition to carrying out your website requests (for example for additional information), we may use or disclose personal information that we collect about you for our business and as permitted by law. Such purposes include, but are not limited to, the following:
- to provide you with information related to our business;
- to provide information related to participating in a clinical trial;
- meeting any legal and regulatory requirements we are subject to, or may be imposed upon PolyActiva;
- taking required action where we suspect that fraud or unlawful activity has been, is being or may be engaged in; and
- to improve the operation, administration, development or enhancement of this website.
Disclosure of Your Personal Information
Where the Privacy Act permits it, PolyActiva may disclose the personal information of users to third parties. Third parties that we may disclose your personal information to include:
- entities providing services to PolyActiva including legal services, financial services, data providers, clinical research organisations, storage services and mailing houses;
- government regulatory bodies in Australia and overseas;
- third parties you authorise to act on your behalf or that are otherwise connected with you (such as your legal representative or other authorised agent or attorney); and
- law enforcement agencies.
Security Of Information
PolyActiva places a great importance on the security of all information associated with our website. We have security measures in place to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of personal information under our control.
No data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed to be 100 per cent secure. As a result, while we strive to protect user’s personal information, PolyActiva cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information transmitted to it or from its website, and users do so at their own risk.
Once PolyActiva receives your transmission, it makes every effort to ensure its security on its systems.
Access, Correction and Removal of your Personal Information
You have specific rights under Australian Law to request access to and correction of personal information that PolyActiva holds about you.
You can request access to the personal information that PolyActiva holds about you subject to certain exceptions under the Privacy Act. You are also entitled to specify how you wish to access your personal information, so long as this is reasonable and practicable. In order to access your personal information please send us a request in writing so that we can verify your details.
Please note that under Australian law, PolyActiva is entitled to refuse you access to your information in the following circumstances:
- where access would be unlawful;
- denying access is required or authorised by or under an Australian law or a Court / Tribunal order; or
- access would prejudice enforcement activities or the taking of appropriate action in relation to unlawful activity or serious misconduct.
PolyActiva takes every step that is reasonably practicable to ensure that the personal information we collect, use and disclose is accurate, complete and up‑to‑date. Please let us know if you wish your personal information to be removed from our records or to be updated as the Privacy Act gives you the right to request correction or removal of the personal information we hold. In order to do so, please contact PolyActiva in writing.
In the event we do not agree to your request for correction or removal, we will give you notice of this outlining our reasons and what next steps you can take. You may also request us to associate a statement with that information to the effect that the information is inaccurate, out-of-date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading so that it is apparent to any users of the information.
If you feel that this site is not following its stated information policy, please contact us at the address or phone number below. In general, we value your policy, and will only continue to correspond with you if either:
- you give us your e-mail address or postal address for this express purpose (for example, if you sign up to our newsletters or request information about our products and services); OR
- we have an existing business relationship (for example, you have bought our products or services, you have given us your business card).
In any case, if you do not wish to receive such mailings in the future, please let us know by sending us an email at the address below or writing to us at the postal address
Your Acceptance of These Terms
If you would like access to the personal information we hold about you, or to have your name removed from our database, please contact us via our email at firstname.lastname@example.org or Telephone: +61 (03) 9657 0700.
You can also contact us in writing by addressing to: Level 9, 31 Queen Street, Melbourne VIC 3000, Australia.